Sunday 27 May 2012

First Impressions by Carol Scott-Mchale (Principal)

When I arrived at Murtlala Mohammed Airport, last Sunday morning and was whisked away by the airport’s Protocol Service through immigration and customs, arranged by Mr Ogunsanya (Director) of Oxbridge Tutorial College, my high expectations of the colleges were sealed. I knew I had made the right choice to be the Principal of this outstanding and reputable institution.

As the gates opened into an oasis of a well maintained lawn with clean and bright buildings, my heart leapt with excitement, as I was taken for a tour around the classrooms which could rival that of any l have taught in the UK. With state-of-the-art equipment and with its well decorated and air-conditioned classrooms, I almost wanted to be a teenager again, just to experience what it would like to be a student here at Oxbridge Tutorial College.

I have always known of Oxbridge’s reputation. As the first Sixth Form College in the country, I can understand why it is sought after by many students who want to get a good post-16 education from its well-trained teachers. With the flux of activities I observed on my first day of work, I found myself emerged with the hustle and bustle of a thriving college - students walking to and fro lessons, teachers with smiles of enthusiasm, support staff organizing the administration of the college with military precision and the overall general warmth of the environment.

Oxbridge, is a an educational institution that’s professional, forward thinking but most of all caring. My first week here has been busy, but at the same time very exciting, I have met the staff on an individual basis and know that I am working with a fantastic group of people who are innovative and have made Oxbridge what it is today. I am relaxed, feel at home and look forward to the weeks ahead, where we can really raise the bar and maintain the standards of the college. We have some great study programs that we are introducing in September , so I will be doing all the necessary preparation, to ensure that our students have a good learning experience.

With a great future ahead, there is no doubt in my mind that it is a college that ‘walks the talk’. (I can’t wait until September when some of these plans come into fruition). Watch this space , the next few weeks ahead will reveal all - Will keep you all posted!

Carol Scott-Mchale

Principal

25.5.2012

 

No comments:

Post a Comment